Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Where does the time go?

We have had a busy time since the last blog. At the end of June, our dear friends from across the street (The VanBibbers) moved back to Utah after finishing their fellowship program here at DHMC. Kobie & Kale really miss having 5 girls to play with. We wish them the best.

In July, Cassie started having a few complications with her pregnancy. She ended up being admitted (which was suppose to be for 1 week) on July 26th. She really didn't want to stay, so she talked her doctors into letting her go home that Thursday (July 29th). She was very happy to be home until Saturday morning! Chris came & woke Eddie & I up stating that Cassie was having severe pain & he was taking her to the hospital. Of course, Cassie's refusing to go, but after a call to the doctor, she went. She found out that she had a kidney stone. She had to stay there until Sunday afternoon until the pain went away. They told her she probably would not pass the stone until she delivered her baby. But, at her regular appt on Aug 6th, she passed it as she was giving a clean catch. She was so excited. Now, other than the regular pain she has had with this pregnancy all the time, she is doing much better.

This Friday she gets an ultrasound & has a stress test done for her appt, Hopefully we will find out how much she weighs. They are giving her 2 more weeks for the baby to stay put & after that, they are going to be greedy & keep her in as long as they can. Did I mention that her name is going to be Katilena! It kinda had to grow on me, but now that I see how it's spelled - I like it.

Now, on to Alissa. At her ultrasound they told her that it's a 90% chance that she will have a boy. I havent heard of a name yet, but I'll keep you posted. She is doing well. We wish we could get up north more to play with Amelia. She's such a cutie. I'll post pictures when I get some.

As for Eddie & I, we have been busy at work. My department is growing & growing, which generates more paperwork, phone calls, etc. They keep telling me they are trying to get me some help (another full time sec would be great), but I haven't seen it happen yet. There are major changes coming here to DHMC, so I think they are waiting to see how everything pans out. I guess I can be stressed out a little bit longer! Eddie is keeping busy with Morrill Construction. We just hope they can keep him employed until the snow hits.

That's it for now. We love & miss everyone.

No comments: