Sunday, April 17, 2011

Just a little update :)

Eddie reminded me yesterday that I have not updated our blog in a while, so I decided I'd better get everyone caught up on what going on here in the northeast. The weather is starting to warm up & that makes things a lot easier.

Chris & Cassie, along with 3 of my grandkids, moved to Georgia the end of March. Chris had a job opportunity which will benefit them in the long run, but we miss them sooooo much! I thought life would return to normal with just Eddie & I, but it was really nice having them around all the time. Eddie is having a harder time that I am at this point, but hopefully he'll start working more hours & keep his mind off things. Anyway, that gave us an opportunity to move to a smaller place. We have actually moved to New Hampshire (about a mile from DHMC). It's a great commute. It take me longer to park & wait for the bus, than it does to drive to work now. Hopefully when it gets warmer I'll start walking. We are still using our PO Box for our mail, so you can send letters & packages anytime.

Speaking of work, beginning April 2, DHMC switched it's medical record system to EPIC. They are actually calling it eD-H. It's been a rough couple of months, but things are (hopefully) going to get better in a few weeks. Being the only secretary for 11 nephrologists equals a lot of work. However, I really enjoy my work & they keep telling me that we'll be able to hire a 2nd secretary soon (but, they've been saying that for the last two years).

Eddie & I would really like to go visit Frances & Danny in New York. He keeps checking prices for Amtrak, so soon Frances will get a call & let her know that we are coming. Does anyone have her phone number?

I'll get pictures of our new place soon, but if anyone wants to come see New England in person, we'll be happy to accommodate you.

We love & miss everyone back home. See ya soon.

2 comments:

{Frances} said...

LISA!! I would love for you guys to come visit us! I agree that with the warmer weather, its getting easier. Right now its really pretty with all the blooming trees {AZ isn't known for its flowers :)} Anyways come visit/ stay with us anytime...seriously I would love it!

francesarnett@gmail.com
646-943-0111

Laura said...

Thanks for the update Lisa:) I would LOVE to come up to New England!!! I'll start saving my $$$. I'm sorry that your family moved to Georgia but the south is great:) (hint, hint move on down)